SUMMARY- There are a number of effective workouts that work on all of your glutes and hamstrings. Therefore, if you want to strengthen the major muscle group of your body and get yourself the sexy toned butt, then these 7 exercises, namely- single-leg glute bridge, side skaters, hydrants with leg extension, heel-lifted sumo squat, single-leg deadlift, walking lunge and rear foot elevated split squat will help you achieve your goal faster.
A well sculpted booty is every girl’s dream. Afterall, who doesn’t like to show their fitter, firmer buttocks in those skinny jeans? Well, but if you’re only dependent on squats to help you achieve your goal, then you’re definitely missing out! There are a number of better and more effective workouts that work on all of your glutes and hamstrings. Therefore, if you want to strengthen the major muscle group of your body and get yourself the sexy toned butt, then these 7 exercises will help you achieve your goal faster.
1. Single-Leg Glute Bridge
- Begin by lying on your back and keep your knees bent and soles of the feet on the floor.
- Extend any of your one leg first.
- Exhale your breath, squeeze your glutes, and then extend your hips upward by pushing them towards the ceiling as high as you can.
- Keep your body still for a few seconds and then push it lower towards the ground until your butt is hovering just above the ground.
- Repeat without touching the ground.
- This completes your one rep.
- Perform 5 reps with each leg.
2. Side Skaters
- Begin with standing keeping your feet together.
- Bend forward, push your hip back and crouch down. Make sure you keep your back flat and abs properly engaged.
- Then jump as far as you can to your right, land lightly on the ball of your right foot.
- From that position, jump as far as you can to your left.
- This time, land lightly on your left foot.
- Make sure that you engage your glutes to push off.
- Repeat 20 times.
3. Hydrants with leg-extension
- Begin with keeping a position where you touch both your knees and palms on the ground and hips in the hair.
- Make sure you keep your knees hips-width apart and your wrists should be stacked over your shoulders.
- Your knees should bend to a 90-degree angle, lift one leg out to hip-height and then extend that raised leg straight out to the same side.
- Pause for a few seconds before you bend your knee again an then bring the leg back to it’s starting position.
- This completes one rep.
- Repeat 10 times.
4. Heel-lifted sumo squat
- Stand by keeping your feet a little wider than shoulder-width apart with your toes pointed outward.
- Then lift your right heel first.
- Keep your body balanced and lower your butt towards the floor as you sit with pushing your hips backwards.
- Make sure you keep your knees behind your toes and use the effort of your core.
- Stay in that position for a while and then press into your left heel to stand back up into the beginning position. This completes one rep.
- Repeat with the toe.
- Perform at least 5 reps each.
5. Single-leg deadlift
- Begin with standing your left foot and bend your right leg in front of you keeping your knee at hip-height.
- Involve your glutes as you slowly pleat forward. Use both hands to reach towards the ground and extend the right leg straight behind you.
- Hold the position and then return to your starting position keeping your body balanced.
- This completes one rep.
- Repeat with other leg. Perform 5 reps each.
6. Walking lunge
- Stand straight and put yourself into the walking position.
- Step forward with your right foot and lower into a lunge. Use your glutes, hamstrings and core as your lower down.
- Then lift your left foot and step forward, immediately drop into a lunge on the left foot as well.
- Continue walking into the lunges to move 20 steps forward.
7. Rear foot elevated split squat
- Keep a small bench or chair for your assistance behind you.
- Stay close enough to the support and place your right foot on the bench/chair.
- Make sure your leg is neither stretching nor locked.
- Send your hips back, then bend the left knee to lower into a lunge.
- Use the strength of your let glute to push up, then straighten your left leg. This completes one rep.
- Do the same with your other leg.
- Complete 5 reps with each leg.