Couple your regular cardio with these 5 easy and effective exercises to get slimmer, sexier thighs! Lateral pylo squats, diamond kicks, plie sides, cross jacks and inner thigh lifts – all of these work amazingly on both your inner as well as outer thighs along with improving your balance and stability.
There are mainly 2 reasons for having bigger thighs – one, there’s a lot of fat (cellulite) on your thighs or you have bigger thigh muscles – in both cases cardiovascular exercises are a must if you need to work on your lower body! Couple your regular cardio with the following exercises for improved and faster achievement of your goals and get slimmer, toned thighs!
1. Lateral Plyo Squats
- Begin with standing straight and your feet together, arms by the sides.
- Move out your right foot out to the side, keeping it about a hip-width apart, and bend down from your knees. Hold both the arms in front of your body.
- Sit back in the squat position, pushing your hips backward. Keep your chest lifted and look straight.
- Push off the floor with both feet and jump slightly on your left.
- Land back on the floor and this time your left foot should oved out to its side. Take back your squat position.
- Repeat 5 times.
This will increase your heart-rate and thus work on your hips, thighs and glutes.
2. Diamond Kicks
- Start with lying absolutely straight on your back.
- Lift both your legs up in the air and stretch them in opposite directions.
- Brings them together while still keeping them straight in the air.
- Fold your legs from the knees and bring them towards your abdomen.
- Repeat the cycle 5 times and then come back to the lying on the floor position.
- Repeat 3 times.
This exercise works on your inner thighs, glutes and strengthens the core. It works on the stability of the knee and hip joints and enhances your flexibility.
3. Plie Sides
- Stand straight and keep your hands on hour hips.
- Keep your heels pressed together and your toes should be rotated out to the sides.
- Move out your left foot (wider than hip-width apart), into a deep ‘plie’.
- Bend both your knees out from your toes and lower the body straight onto the floor. Keep the back straight and abs tight.
- Rise out of the plie into your original sliding the left heel back in towards the right.
- Straighten your legs and return to the start position.
- Repeat 15 times on each side.
This exercise tones both your inner as well as outer thighs.
4. Cross Jacks
- Stand straight with both legs joint and arms on the sides.
- Push your legs off the floor and jump in the air while stretching both your hands to their sides.
Land back on the floor with your legs closing and hands straight out in front.
- Repeat 20 times, alternately putting right and left feet in front while crossing over.
This help burn the entire body weight especially engaging the inner thighs.
5. Inner thigh lifts
- Begin with lying on one of your sides.
Straighten the bottom leg with your toe pointed out.
- Cross the other leg over the stretched one and keep your foot flat on the ground.
- Lift your bottom leg up in the air for as far as you can.
- Use your arms to keep the torso still.
- Bring it down quickly.
- Repeat until you feel the burn.
- Spend equal time on each leg.
This is a Pilates exercise which majorly tones the inner thighs. It also helps improve balance and stability.