Lately, Zumba has become one of the most fun ways to lose fat and stay fit. A nice Zumba session will leave you sweating and more active which is why it is the most interesting cardio routine. It is basically a Latin- dance-inspired routine which involves both fast and slow rhythms that tone and sculpt your body and burn calories. So if you are trying to lose weight through Zumba here are a few tips you may follow:
1) Lose yourself- Zumba is fun so when you are attending a Zumba class just feel the fun. Feel the energy and do the moves. It’s only when you will enjoy the session you will be able to burn more calories and lose more weight.
2) Move your arms- Extend your arms and move them to boost calorie burn and engage them as much as you can by lengthening, raising and stretching them.
3) Move around- Move up and down as much as you can since it will boost your calorie burn and will help you to work on glutes, hips and thigh muscles. So bend your knees and go up and down as much as you can.
4) Modified routines- Incorporate more challenging moves in your Zumba routine to burn more calories. Doing the same old routine for long periods will not just make the routine monotonous and dull to do but also it will have less impact on the calories you burn
5) Find advanced classes- Beginner classes are slow since most people are new to the routine and instructor will do more of simpler moves. Instead, go for advanced classes where the instructor will show you some swift moves to help you lose more weight
6) Go for an active Zumba session- It is important to choose a Zumba class where the instructor is both motivational and energetic. A lethargic instructor who himself is lacking energy and enthusiasm will make the Zumba session dull, boring and non-productive
7) Be focussed- Doing low-intensity Zumba moves with beginner steps, taking long water breaks, talking with friends will not help you lose weight in Zumba. Instead, be focussed and do the moves with all the intensity
8) High impact moves- Zumba involves both high and low intensity dance moves so get your feet working and do the high impact moves that can elevate your heart rate, boost cardio endurance and bring your body in the fat burning mode. Do the advanced, high energy, high impact version of the moves.
9) Make the most of it- Zumba exercises include a lot of shaping and toning steps like squats, lounges and dropping to the floor for a push up. These help to work the entire body including the quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes and calves. This will also increase your metabolism and help your shed more kilos as you Zumba your way to weight loss.