The average person who enjoys North Indian food to its absolute glory might find it a little hard to fit the idea of chickpeas in anything that does not involve a big plate of Chhola Bhaturas.
A diet inclusive of chickpeas helps you to improve your digestion, aids your fitness goals and also helps to decrease the chances of getting a chronic disease.
For best results, it is advised to soak the chickpeas in water for at least up to ten hours before you cook them.
For anyone looking for a high protein vegetarian meal, chickpeas are your saving grace. You can whip them up in a salad with low-fat salad dressing and find yourself with a delicious meal high in fiber, carbohydrates, and protein.
Who has not found themselves at the bottom of a hummus bowl wanting for more? Hummus is one of the greatest foods that you can find and it makes for a delicious snack or meal. You can make it with extra virgin olive oil and make it as per your taste. Not only is hummus super easy to make, but it is also one of the best ways to consume chickpeas.
Chickpeas, besides being delicious and high in carbohydrates, proteins and fiber also have various health benefits that must be incorporated into your diet
- Chickpeas are known to develop and sustain bone strength and structure. Chickpeas also have calcium, magnesium, zinc, vitamin K, iron, phosphate, etc.
- People with diabetes should also consume chickpeas and make it a point to include them in your regular diet. They are quite high in fiber and help to manage the insulin and blood sugar levels.
- Chickpeas also help to manage the blood cholesterol levels of the body.
- The high dietary fiber contents and a lot of nutrients in the chickpeas promote weight loss.
- The fiber and proteins which are found in chickpeas also promote weight loss as they reduce the overall calorie intake post-consumption. This is due to the fact that chickpeas slow digestion and make the person feel fuller.
- They are also a great legume to include in your diet as they can help to keep the bowel movement regular and it is significantly known to help with digestion.
- They are also a valuable reservoir of antioxidants that can improve your skin and overall health.
Chickpeas are a delicious and super healthy legume that is rich in dietary fiber, proteins, carbohydrates, calcium, magnesium, zinc, vitamin K, iron, phosphate, etc. It also has the aforementioned health benefits that make it a great thing to put on your shopping lists and in your plates.